Your colon, also known as the large intestine, is part of your digestive system. It's a long, hollow tube at the end of your digestive tract where your body makes and stores stool. Many disorders affect the colon's ability to work properly. Some of these include:
- Colorectal cancer
- Colonic polyps - extra tissue growing in the colon that can become cancerous
- Ulcerative colitis - ulcers of the colon and rectum
- Diverticulitis - inflammation or infection of pouches in the colon
- Irritable bowel syndrome - an uncomfortable condition causing abdominal cramping and other symptoms
Treatment for colonic diseases varies greatly depending on the disease and its severity. Treatment may involve diet, medicines and in some cases, surgery.
- Colonic Diseases (National Library of Medicine)... causing abdominal cramping and other symptoms Treatment for colonic diseases varies greatly depending on the disease and its ...
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Colonic Diseases (National Institutes of Health)Colonic Diseases/Clinical Trials ... Colonic Diseases
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Colonic Diseases, Functional (National Institutes of Health)From the National Institutes of Health ... Irritable Bowel Syndrome/Clinical Trials ... Irritable Bowel Syndrome ... National Institutes of Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (National Library of Medicine)... change in bowel habits. Some people with the disorder have constipation. Some have ... National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- ... Are Here: Home → Multiple Languages → All Health Topics → Colonic Diseases URL of this page: https://medlineplus.gov/languages/ ... V W XYZ List of All Topics All Colonic Diseases - Multiple Languages To use the sharing features on ...
- Diverticular Disease (American Academy of Family Physicians)Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis/Start Here ... Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis ... American Academy of Family Physicians
- ... Antibiotics Bacterial Infections Bowel Movement C. diff Infections Colonic Diseases Diarrhea Digestive Diseases Related Medical Tests Antibiotic Sensitivity ...
- Probiotics: What You Need to Know (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health)Colonic Diseases/Treatments and Therapies
- Normal Function of the Colon (International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders)International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Bowel Retraining: Strategies for Establishing Bowel Control (International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders)... behavioral programs designed to help people with bowel disorders establish or reestablish control. Individuals with