What is a mammogram?
A mammogram is an x-ray picture of the breast. Health care providers use mammograms to look for early signs of breast cancer. There are two types of mammograms: screening mammograms and diagnostic mammograms.
What is a screening mammogram?
A screening mammogram is a mammogram usually done for women who have no signs or symptoms of breast cancer. Regular screening mammograms can help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer among women ages 40 to 74. This is because they can find breast cancer early and treatment can start earlier, maybe before it has spread.
- Mammography (National Library of Medicine)What is a mammogram? A mammogram is an x-ray picture of the breast. Health care providers use mammograms to look for early signs of breast cancer. There ...
- ... clearly seen on the first test. TYPES OF MAMMOGRAPHY Traditional mammography uses film, similar to other x-rays. Digital mammography is the most common technique: It is now ...
- Mammography (American College of Radiology) (Radiological Society of North America)Current and accurate information for patients about Mammography. Learn what you might experience, how to prepare for the exam, benefits, risks and much more.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Digital Mammography (Food and Drug Administration)... and answers provide information for consumers about Digital Mammography.
- FastStats: Mammography (National Center for Health Statistics)Mammography/Statistics and Research ... Mammography ... National Center for Health Statistics
- Mammography is a low-powered x-ray technique that captures a picture of the internal structure of ...
- Mammography: What You Need to Know (Food and Drug Administration)... facilities that perform mammograms, and clears and approve mammography devices to help keep you safe.
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Mammography (National Institutes of Health)Mammography/Clinical Trials ... Mammography
- Calcifications are tiny deposits of calcium in your breast tissue. They are often seen on a mammogram . ... The calcium you eat or take ...
- Accuracy of Mammograms (Susan G. Komen for the Cure)Mammography/Related Issues ... Mammography ... Susan G. Komen for the Cure ... Find out about the accuracy of mammograms.