Chiropractic is a health care profession. Chiropractors perform adjustments (manipulations) to the spine or other parts of the body. The goal is to correct alignment problems, ease pain, and support the body's natural ability to heal itself. They may also use other treatments including :
- Heat and ice
- Electrical stimulation
- Relaxation techniques
- Rehabilitative and general exercise
- Counseling about diet, weight loss, and other lifestyle factors
- Dietary supplements
Many people visit chiropractors for treatment of low back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
Results 1 - 10 of 78 for chiropractic
- Chiropractic (National Library of Medicine)Chiropractic is a health care profession. Chiropractors perform adjustments (manipulations) to the spine or other parts of ...
- Chiropractic care dates back to 1895. The name comes from the Greek word meaning "done by hand." ... traced back to the beginning of recorded time. Chiropractic was developed by Daniel David Palmer, a self- ...
- Frequently Asked Questions about Chiropractic (American Chiropractic Association)Chiropractic/Related Issues ... Chiropractic ... American Chiropractic Association
- Chiropractic care is a way to treat health problems that affect the nerves, muscles, bones, and joints ... the body. A health care provider who provides chiropractic care is called a chiropractor. Hands-on adjustment ...
- What Is Chiropractic? (American Chiropractic Association)Chiropractic most often treats musculoskeletal complaints, including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, pain in ...
- Chiropractic: In Depth (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health)This fact sheet discusses chiropractic, including chiropractors, treatments, safety and efficacy, history, use in the United States, and research.
- American Chiropractic Association (American Chiropractic Association)
- Chiropractic Adjustment (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)Chiropractic/Start Here ... Chiropractic ... Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Chiropractic Therapy (National Institutes of Health)Chiropractic/Clinical Trials ... Chiropractic
- A new study explores how chiropractic care can help veterans with chronic low back pain. ... Veterans embrace spinal manipulation for low back pain Chiropractic treatment shows promise for many symptoms Many military ...