The B vitamins are
- B1 (thiamine)
- B2 (riboflavin)
- B3 (niacin)
- B5 (pantothenic acid)
- B7 (biotin)
- Folic acid
These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat. They also help form red blood cells. You can get B vitamins from proteins such as fish, poultry, meat, eggs, and dairy products. Leafy green vegetables, beans, and peas also have B vitamins. Many cereals and some breads have added B vitamins.
- B Vitamins (National Library of Medicine)The B vitamins are B1 (thiamine) B2 (riboflavin) B3 (niacin) B5 (pantothenic acid) B6 B7 (biotin) B12 Folic acid These ... help form red blood cells. You can get B vitamins from proteins such as fish, poultry, meat, eggs, ...
- ... if you are deficient in one of the B vitamins. B vitamins are nutrients your body needs so that it ... essential functions. A deficiency in any of the B vitamins can cause serious health problems. Learn more.
- Vitamins (Nemours Foundation)Vitamins/Children ... Vitamins ... Nemours Foundation ... How vital are vitamins? Find out in this article for kids. ... vitamins, a, c, d, e, k, fat soluble, water soluble, ...
- ... that develops from a shortage (deficiency) of the B-vitamin folate (also called vitamin B9) in the brain. ... where it attaches (binds) to folate, allowing the vitamin to be brought into the cell. ... Pérez-Dueñas B, Ormazábal A, Toma C, Torrico B, Cormand B, ...
- ... with the body's ability to absorb certain B vitamins (called folates) from food. Folates are important for ... folates in their body because they obtain these vitamins from their mother's blood ... Lasry I, Berman B, Straussberg R, Sofer Y, Bessler H, Sharkia M, ...
- Vitamin B-12 and Depression: Are They Related? (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)B Vitamins/Related Issues
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Vitamin B Complex (National Institutes of Health)B Vitamins/Clinical Trials
- Vitamin B-12 (American Academy of Family Physicians)Vegetarian Diet/Related Issues ... Vegetarian Diet ... American Academy of Family Physicians
- Vitamin B6 is a type of B vitamin. It can be found in certain foods such as cereals, beans, vegetables, liver, meat, and eggs. It can also be made in ...
- Eat Healthy: Grains (Department of Agriculture)Dietary Fiber/Related Issues ... Dietary Fiber ... Department of Agriculture