Planning for the end of life can be difficult. But by deciding what end-of-life care best suits your needs when you are healthy, you can help those close to you make the right choices when the time comes.
End-of-life planning usually includes making choices about the following:
- End of Life Issues (National Library of Medicine)... to spend your final days Which treatments for end-of-life care you wish to receive What type of palliative care and hospice care you wish to receive Advance directives can help make your wishes clear to your family and health care providers.
- Living Well with a Serious Illness: Talking with Your Doctor When the Future Is Uncertain (American College of Physicians) - PDFEnd of Life Issues/Related Issues ... End of Life Issues
- Cancer (American Academy of Family Physicians)Cancer/Start Here ... Cancer ... American Academy of Family Physicians
- Making Medical Decisions for a Loved One at the End of Life (American College of Physicians) - PDFAdvance Directives/Related Issues
- Health Insurance: Understanding What It Covers (American Academy of Family Physicians)Health Insurance/Start Here ... Health Insurance ... Health Screening/Related Issues ... Health Screening ... American Academy of Family Physicians
- Young People Facing End-of-Life Care Decisions (National Cancer Institute)End of Life Issues/Specifics ... End of Life Issues
- Pain Control (National Cancer Institute) - PDFCancer/Treatments and Therapies ... Cancer ... Pain Relievers/Specifics ... Pain Relievers ... National Cancer Institute ... Support for People with Cancer; Cancer Pain Control
- ... Are Here: Home → Multiple Languages → All Health Topics → End of Life Issues URL of this page: https://medlineplus.gov/languages/ ... V W XYZ List of All Topics All End of Life Issues - Multiple Languages To use the sharing features on ...
- Providing Care and Comfort at the End of Life (National Institute on Aging)End of Life Issues/Start Here ... End of Life Issues
- ... services to help children and parents cope with end-of-life issues.