Home care is care that allows a person with special needs to stay in their home. It might be for people who are getting older (aging in place). It could also be for people who are chronically ill, recovering from surgery, or disabled. Home care services include
- Personal care, such as help with bathing, washing your hair, or getting dressed
- Household chores, such as cleaning, yard work, and laundry
- Cooking for you in your home or delivering meals to you
- Money management, such as help filling out forms and making sure that your bills are paid on time
- Health care, such as having a home health aide come to your home or getting care from your provider through telehealth
You can get almost any type of help you want in your home. You have to pay for many of them. But some types of care and community services are free or donated. Sometimes government programs or your health insurance will help cover the cost of certain home care services.
- Home Care Services (National Library of Medicine)... are chronically ill, recovering from surgery, or disabled. Home care services include Personal care, such as help with bathing, ... insurance will help cover the cost of certain home care services. NIH: National Institute on Aging
- Home Care Services: Questions to Ask (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)Choosing a Doctor or Health Care Service/Related Issues ... Choosing a Doctor or Health Care Service ... Home Care Services/Start Here ... Home Care Services ... Mayo Foundation ...
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Home Care Services (National Institutes of Health)Home Care Services/Clinical Trials
- ... check with the agencies and groups listed below. Home-care services may include: Clinical care from a registered nurse ... Financial help Home repair and modification Housing options Home-care services Joe's House -- www.joeshouse.org helps people with ...
- Managing Cancer Care - Finding Health Care Services (National Cancer Institute)Choosing a Doctor or Health Care Service/Related Issues ... Choosing a Doctor or Health Care Service ... Cancer/Treatments and Therapies ... Cancer ... National Cancer Institute
- Home Health Care (Administration for Community Living)Home Care Services/Start Here
- Caregiving at Home: A Guide to Community Resources (Family Caregiver Alliance)Caregivers/Related Issues ... Caregivers ... Family Caregiver Alliance
- MDA Guide for Caregivers (Muscular Dystrophy Association) - PDFCaregivers/Specifics ... Caregivers ... Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis/Related Issues ... Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis ... Muscular Dystrophy Association ... PDF
- Caring for a Person with Alzheimer's Disease (National Institute on Aging) - PDFAlzheimer's Caregivers/Start Here ... Alzheimer's Caregivers ... National Institute on Aging ... PDF ... From the National Institutes of Health ... Alzheimer's disease; Alzheimer's; ...
- Choosing a Doctor or Health Care Service (National Library of Medicine)We all want high-quality health care, but it's hard to know how to choose. There are many things to consider, including What your insurance covers Whether ...