Behcet's syndrome is a disease that involves vasculitis, which is inflammation of the blood vessels. It causes problems in many parts of the body. The most common symptoms are:
- Sores in the mouth
- Sores on the sex organs
- Other skin sores
- Swelling of parts of the eye
- Pain, swelling and stiffness of the joints
More serious problems can include meningitis, blood clots, inflammation of the digestive system and blindness.
- Behcet's Syndrome (National Library of Medicine)Behcet's syndrome is a disease that involves vasculitis, which is inflammation of the blood vessels. It causes ... and blindness. Doctors aren't sure what causes Behcet's. It is rare in the United States, but ...
- Behçet disease is an inflammatory condition that affects many parts of the body. The health problems associated with Behçet disease result from widespread inflammation ...
- Behcet's Disease (Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center)Behcet's Syndrome/Learn More ... Behcet's Syndrome ... Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center
- American Behcet's Disease Association (American Behcet's Disease Association)
- Behcet Disease (Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center)Find symptoms and other information about Behçet disease.
- Research Provides More Insight into Genetic Basis of Behcet's Disease (National Human Genome Research Institute)NHGRI researchers investigated the Behcet's disease using Illumina's Immunochip. ... Behcet's disease, inflammatory disease, Dan Kastner, autoimmune disease
- Behcet's Disease (National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke)Behcet's disease is a rare, chronic inflammatory disorder. The cause of Behcet's disease is unknown, but current research suggests that both genetic and environmental factors play a role. Behcet's disease generally begins when individuals are in their ...
- Behcet's Disease (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)Behcet's Syndrome/Learn More ... Behcet's Syndrome ... Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
- Behcet Syndrome (National Cancer Institute)Behcet's Syndrome/Learn More ... Behcet's Syndrome
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Behcet Syndrome (National Institutes of Health)Behcet's Syndrome/Clinical Trials ... Behcet's Syndrome