Results 1 - 10 of 412 for lyme disease
- NLM Selected Resources
- MedlinePlus Health Information
- PubMed Citations
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection you get from the bite of an infected tick. The first symptom is usually a rash, which may look like a bull's eye. As the infection spreads, you may have
Lyme disease can be hard to diagnose because you may not have noticed a tick bite. Also, many of its symptoms are like those of the flu and other diseases. In the early stages, your health care provider will look at your symptoms and medical history, to figure out whether you have Lyme disease. Lab tests may help at this stage, but may not always give a clear answer. In the later stages of the disease, a different lab test can confirm whether you have it. (Read more)
- [Protection against tick bites.]
- Lyme disease: sudden hearing loss as the sole presentation.
- γδ T Cells and dendritic cells in refractory Lyme arthritis.
- An apparent role for Borrelia burgdorferi LuxS during mammalian infection.
- Lyme disease update for the general dermatologist.
- Lyme disease is a bacterial infection you get from the bite of an infected tick. The first symptom ... Muscle and joint aches A stiff neck Fatigue Lyme disease can be hard to diagnose because you may ...
- Lyme disease serology; ELISA for Lyme disease; Western blot for Lyme disease ... sample is needed. A laboratory specialist looks for Lyme disease antibodies in the blood sample using the ELISA ...
- ||Philadelphia, Pa. : American College of Physicians, c1998.|NLM ID: 9706140 [Book]
- ||Hanover, N.H. : Warlock Productions, |NLM ID: 9702078 [Electronic Resource]
- ||[Bethesda, MD : National Institutes of Health, 1994]|NLM ID: 100929342 [Visual Material]
- ||St. Louis : Mosby Year Book, c1993.|NLM ID: 9211926 [Book]
- ||[Bethesda, Md.] : National Institutes of Health, 1990.|NLM ID: 9201034A [Visual Material]
- ||New York, N.Y. : American Council on Science and Health, 1990.|NLM ID: 100912016 [Book]
- ||Marshfield, WI : The Network, |NLM ID: 8800172A [Visual Material]
- You may get Lyme disease when you are bitten by a tick that has been infected with the germ (bacteria) that causes Lyme disease. The disease can cause a “bull’s eye” rash, ...